Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gone for two years.....

My Mom and Dad left last night on a two year mission. They are serving in the Boston, MA mission. I can't even begin to explain what these two people mean to me. They have made the biggest difference in my life and I am what I am today because of them. I admire them for so many things but the one quality that has taught me the most is that they are true disciples of Jesus Christ. They live every day of their lives in His service. Everyone who knows them could agree. I love them with all my heart and they are going to be truly missed.


Mom and Dad, thank you for being sealed in the temple so we can be a family forever.
Thank you for loving Gilbert and accepting him with open arms. There has never been a second that he didn't feel like one of your own sons.
Thank you for letting us live with you when Andrew was born. I went through some really tuff times and couldn't have done it without all your help. Dad, thank you for taking Andrew for me every morning so that I could get in an hour of sleep. Mom, thank you for helping me remember that I needed to eat too, (not just Andrew) and for fixing me so many meals. Thank you for all of your patience when we lived with you.

Thank you for taking us on so many trips. We have so many fun memories.





Dad, thank you for always being so much fun. There is never a dull moment when you are around.


Andrew truly adores both of you so much. He asks me still everyday if he can go to Poppy's house. Going to see you is better than anything else in the whole world to him. I feel the same way. :)

Mom, I hope to be the kind of mom you are someday!



Mom, I have never met a better hostess in the whole world and I know their are millions who would agree.

Dad, thanks for always being the photographer. I know that means you were usually never in the pictures. I know you always wished you had been a better journal writer, but I think there is nothing better than all the pictures you have taken. Thanks!

Mom and Dad, thank you for coming to see me on my birthday. I was having a rough day and you made it so good. Thanks a million!

Another one of Dad's fun ideas.

We have all been so blessed to call you Mom and Dad. (Or Grandma and Papa)


We are sure going to miss all the fun times.



I have been so impressed with your enthusiasm to go serve. Good luck! We love you so much, and we are so proud of you! Our prayers will be with you everyday. We sure miss you lots already!

3 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

You do have amazing parents! Im happy I got to come so much and have movie nights in your sweet little theater! Im way excited for them! They are going to make a great missionary couple! I love the missionary couples I work with at the MTC. Congrats to them!

Kerri Jex said...

This made me tear up! You have a great family. Your parents will be amazing missionaries :)

Aly said...

I got a little choked up reading this. Tonight while driving home, Emma just said out of the blue. "I miss poppa 'var. He won't be home until I'm seven!" Me too Emma.