First time riding his bike with no training wheels.
Andrew wanted to ride his bike without training wheels so bad. He kept begging me to take them off but I couldn't help him learn right then so I told him he'd have to wait until his dad got home. That wasn't good enough for him so he went and borrowed the neighbors bike that was bigger and had no training wheels and taught himself. I walked outside to check on him and he was coming down the sidewalk all by himself saying "Watch Mom!" He wanted to prove that he was ready right then to take them off. So when Gilbert got home from work we took the training wheels off and off he went. He was a pro from the get go. Spring of 2013.
We got a plot in our neighborhood garden and thought we'd give it a go. We loved having a garden and here's what we learned after our first year:
1. We love carrots!
2. Carrots last forever.
3. Watering everyday is much harder than you would think.
4. We don't water enough to keep lettuce sweet.
5. Broccoli grows crazy.
6. Ruby loves sugar snap peas.
7. We could never have enough strawberries. We always fought over who got the prized few we had grow.
8. You never know what you're going to get growing in a neighborhood garden. ie: green beans/ a turnip. Thanks to our great neighbors the Bohnes. #funsurprise!
9. We could never grow enough tomatoes.
10. Cucumbers need more space. But they were very sweet.
11. We love having a garden!