Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Doug+Melissa July 30, 2010

As soon as they came out of the door Melissa did a big fist in the air like, "We did it!" It was so cute.


Andrew and Kenna
Morgan, Andrew, McKenna, and Reese

I asked Andrew to smile and this is what I got. I love how many different smiles he has.

We have always thought that Andrew is a little mini Doug. If you look at Doug's baby pictures it's crazy how alike they are. Andrew loves his Uncle Doug. Just before this Andrew was rubbing his shoulder. Of course I missed the picture. They are still cute anyway.
Melissa's Dad got down in the wet muddy grass to take this picture for us. All I asked was that he get the Temple spires in the background and he went all out. He definitely delivered. Thanks Dave for taking the picture.
Melissa's colors were royal blue, and turquoise. Doug and Melissa picked out for each family which color they thought would look the best. I thought they did a really good job.

Parents of the Bride and Groom. They all looked so beautiful.
My Dad caught this pose of Andrew's. I love it!
Two of my favorite people in the whole world!
Doug is so happy with Melissa. I love it! She is so good for him. We are so lucky to have her in our family.
Gilbert and Andrew waited for the luncheon by calling each other on my phone and Gilbert's phone. Andrew loves to dance to the ring tones. It was a good entertainer for the long wait.

He acts so old sometimes. He tries to copy everything his Daddy does.

Brooke, this picture is in here for you. We were all given the material for our dresses and then asked to pick out a pattern that we liked and either make it or find someone to make it. I decided to take the challenge and sew my own dress. I haven't really ever sewn before so I went to wal mart asked them for an easy pattern and everything I needed to make it. This is what I got. I went home and tried to read the pattern. It was like trying to read a foreign language. So at our family reunion I asked my mom and my Aunt to help explain how to read a pattern. They helped me understand a lot more. When I got home I sewed my dress and only ran into one tricky part. I went to JoAnnes and the lady there explained how to do it. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I actually really enjoyed it and I want to start sewing a lot more. I am just so glad it fit on me. I was worried it was going to be too small, but it all worked out.
Eric and Gilbert in the elevator on our way to the luncheon.
The luncheon at the Lion House.

Congrats you two!
I can't believe my little big brother is married. I am so happy for him.
Gilbert hauled around everyone's stuff the whole day. Thanks Babe.



Their reception was in my parent's backyard. It was so beautiful.

Lori, Melissa, and Saedi
Andrew, Me, Ruth (my cousin), and Eddison.
I love these two boys with all my heart. They are my world. Aren't they both the two cutest boys you have ever seen. (I think so.)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow Ang! Your dress turned out so AWESOME! I am REALLY impressed with your sewing skills! Seriously, you look amazing in it and super skinny! Maybe I should hire you to make me some dresses!! I can't believe that is your first time sewing a dress. You should have posted all about sewing it. :) I'm glad you posted pics of you in your dress so I could see the finished product of your labors! :) You are so talented, way to go!! These are great pictures! What a beautiful family.

Amanda Leigh said...

I love the pictures Ang! You just have the cutest family! I miss you guys alot!

dannyandbrewright said...

I didn't know Doug got married??!! How exciting! tell him congrats for me! :) what's melissa's maiden name? she looks soo familiar!! darling pictures!