Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gilbert's Race

Gilbert use to run in high school and he ran a couple races at UVSC, but he hasn't ran in a long time. My friend Brooke has really gotten into running and motivates me to go with her. She always informs me of the next upcoming race. I haven't ever done one and maybe someday I will, but Gilbert suddenly decided he needed to get in better shape so he would run the Turkey Trot in Smithfield. He signed up and then came down with the flu. He was determined to not waste the money so he ran in the race anyway. It was a 5k and he did really well. I was so impressed he did so well after not training before, and being sick. He came in 6th overall and 3rd in his age group. He got a little ribbon. I wish I could just up and run three miles one day. Andrew and I were his fan club. It was snowing and we were freezing! We are so proud of Daddy for doing so well. (Brooke you did so awesome too, and maybe someday I will actually run in a race with you. I really admire how well you have stuck with it. Maybe some day I can be like you. ;) This is Gilbert and Andrew waiting to check in before the race.
Here is Gilbert and Andrew right after Gilbert came through the finish line. Way to go Daddy!

Brooke I would have posted the picture of you and I but I was afraid of being called Ginormica. Oh wait that has already happened.....

No comments: