Thursday, February 5, 2009

I think Andrew has the flu.....

Andrew got sick yesterday. This is the first time he has ever gotten sick. I know I don't have anything to complain about, but it makes me so sad to see him in so much pain. Yesterday morning he woke up screaming. He spent pretty much the whole day sobbing while I held him and rocked him. He wouldn't eat anything. The thing that broke my heart the most is that he would just rock back and forth like he was in so much pain, but he wouldn't crawl or walk or go anywhere. He would just lay down and rock back and forth as he sobbed. I took his temperature and it was 100.9, so it wasn't that bad. I gave him some tylenol, and then Gilbert gave him a blessing with Aaron Geary when he got home from school. We finally got him to go to bed last night around 10:00 and he slept all the way until 8:30 this morning. I was so happy that he slept so well. When he woke up he was acting sooo much better. He would crawl all over the place like normal and follow me everywhere. He has given me smiles all day and tried to be happy. He has a really deep cough that makes him cry every time he coughs, and when he talks his voice sounds like he has a frog in his throat. Besides that he seemed to being doing rather well until tonight he started acting really whiny again. We took his temperature again and this time it was 101.8. I hope that doesn't mean it is getting worse. The blessing Gilbert gave him has helped a lot. I am so blessed to have such a happy boy all the time. I hope tomorrow he will be feeling a lot better, so that I won't have to take him into the doctor.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Poor little guy. It is sad to see your little ones sick. Especially when they can't tell you what is wrong..We hope he gets better soon.

Melissa O said...

That makes me sad. I hate it when little ones are sick. Kiss him for me.

Betsy Lee said...

That is so sad! It is so sad when kids are sick! They are just miserable and they don't understand why. :(

On a side note, thank for your kind words this last week! :) Your support means a lot! Thanks!

Katie L. said...

So sad! Nothing is worse than sick little kids. They can't tell you what is wrong and you just want to help them! I hope he feels better soon!