Monday, November 17, 2008

Surprises!


Last friday I went to D.I. too find some decorations for our home. I totally scored this time! Gilbert doesn't ever want me to go there again. Ha Ha! One of the things I found was this black shelf thing that I put in our kitchen. I also got the blocks and basket. The shelf was $2, the blocks were $1 each and the basket was $2. I put it all together and Gilbert said it looked so weird to have it in the kitchen. He said it needed some kind of kitchen tool on it too make it fit and look normal. I laughed and told him no way. This morning I came downstairs and this is what I found..... a can opener placed on top of it. I laughed so hard. I have the funniest husband. He always keeps me laughing! I better fill in the two empty spots, or who knows what I will find there tomorrow.

6 comments:

Gilbert Rowley said...

Who put what where? I think it was a kitchen elf playing tricks on you! It's that time of year again when elfs start to appear in strange places. But regardless of how it really got there...it sure looks good don't you think? It just kinda ties everything together.

Megan said...

Man..You gotta love DI..It has actually become one of my hobbies..Trying to find fun little treasures at DI..It can be addicting.:) By the way that is way cute.

Saedi said...

That is so awesome! Look at you, all decorating! I love it!

Melissa O said...

That is funny. Gilbert!!!!

Aaron + Kayti said...

i heart di with all that i have. that and savers have provided me with more than half my wardrobe!

Gilbert Rowley said...

Keep on shopping!!! With a little paint you can make anything a treasure. Look at my house all DI or free...Love, Teri