Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let's just say life has been a crazy one lately!

Sometimes I feel like this is really what we look like all the time. :)
I am going to make this quick but before any more time slips away I will just do a quick recap of the past month. 
First Gilbert leaves to work in the Uintahs.
Doug comes home. 
I leave to work at Supercuts.
Miss Gilbert.
Melinda and her family come to visit at Moms.
Come home.
Miss Gilbert.
Have a really weird smell in my house.
Don't know if it is dangerous.
Miss Gilbert.
Live at Brooke's house.
Leave to family reunion up at Palisades.
Andrew gets REALLY sick and throws up all night.
I get sick.
REALLY MISS GILBERT.
Come home.
House is still stinky.
Live at Brookes.
This is where we are now. Practically living at Brooke's trying to get rid of stinky weird smell. Andrew is almost better. And I am still really missing Gilbert. 
I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder. 
I don't know what I would ever do without Gilbert forever. I have realized how much he really is a part of me. I can't wait to get to see him again.
I do have to say that there have been lots of good things thrown in the mix. I can't believe how blessed I am. I know Heavenly Father loves me so much and I really can't believe all the small things He throws into my life to make it just a little bit better.
Thank you Gilbert for leaving so many surprises.
Thank you Emily for dinner.
Thank you Jen for playing games.
Thank you Aaron for babysitting for me so much.
Thank you Beyler family for dinner.
And thank you Brooke for being so hospitable and saving my sanity time and time again with having Gilbert gone.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

LOVE the picture! You guys look fabulous! :) Just wanted to say we love having you practically living at our house! Hey, for all you know, I snuck in your house and hid something really stinky so you would be forced to come to my house! hehe Oh, and Aaron is more than happy to watch Andrew. They are like peas in a pod! :) I'm sorry it is so hard without Gilbert. Just know you can count on us for whatever you need, any time. Day or night! We are more than happy to help! You and Gilbert are so awesome and do so much for us, we are just returning the favor! Ang, you are the best and I know I can always depend on you!

Brooke said...

p.s. I love watching Andrew, too. He is so cute and fun and the kids love playing with him. I'll adopt him if you ever want to give him away! ;)

Katie L. said...

Awesome pic! That stinks having Gilbert away! I'm sorry about that!

Brittany and Trevor said...

Your life HAS been crazy :) I feel bad to "abandon" you right now. I wish I could be there to help you more. I totally know what you mean about absence making your heart grow fonder. You're such a strong person and such a good example to me. Hang in there! You're the best.

Aaron + Kayti said...

geez - you have a full plate right now! first, i hope you get to see gilbert soon; i hate periods of time without the mr in the house. second, i hope that you and andrew and feeling better; the summer heat seems worse when you have to stay in bed all the time.

loves

Melissa O said...

Angie I love you to death. You know that right. You inspire me over and over again. It was so awesome to see you and play at the mother's and daughters. I know it was only the one night, but seriously life couldn't be any more crazy right now. I'm sad I missed out on all the fun. Love ya tons.

melinda said...

Great picture! Christine is distraught right now because she wants to see the pictures of "Angrew" and she can't now that I'm commenting. We were sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday and, as a family walked by, Christine got all excited, pointed towards them and quite loudly exclaimed "see Angrew, see Angrew". The mom was holding her little boy and from behind he really did look like Andrew. I told her it wasn't him but she was just sure it was. It really took some convincing before her excitement was killed. :( I thought a lot about you all day yesterday. Not sure why but you were really on my mind so when Christine started calling out Angrew it was kind of crazy to me. Oh, by the way, thank you so much for the haircut you gave me! It's lasting me so much longer than the haircuts given to me previously (not by you). I need my haircuts to last as long as possible. I just wish it was easier to get all my haircuts from you! Anyway, I'm typing a novel at this point. I was just thinking about you and wanted to let you know. I miss you and love you!