Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Andrew turned the big "1"

I made this huge poster for decorations for the party.
My good friend made Andrew's cake for me so that it was like a basketball. She is so good. I had to babysit all morning so it helped me a lot to have her make Andrew's cake. Thanks Brooke!
Andrew didn't dive right into the cake like I thought he would. Gilbert had to do a lot of prodding and I think Gilbert ate more of it than Andrew did. :) At least Andrew got a messy face for pictures.
Gilbert was so excited to get a giant fish for Andrew's birthday present. At first he didn't know what to do with it, but now he loves to suck on the tail.
Andrew's favorite toys are balls. He got lots of them for his birthday!
Gilbert's brother, Matt, his wife Amy and their three boys came up from Brigham City. Curtis, Andrew, and Ryan. Thank you so much for coming. It was so fun to have family there.
These are our home teachers the Martins, Kevin and Emily. Andrew loves it when they come to visit so I knew he would love to have them at his party. And on the left is Brooke, who made his cake, and Andrew's best little buddies, Rylie, Mason, and Bracken.
Here are the Caley's. Their littlest boy is only three weeks older than Andrew. Can you believe it? He is such a big little boy! Andrew has a lot of fun with them. Bart, Lori, Caleb, and Max.
We are such fun parents. We gave Andrew a front facing car seat for his birthday. hahaha (Can you tell we are on a budget?) He was actually really excited. The first Sunday after he turned one, I was putting him in his seat after church and he just kept laughing. I think he was so excited to be able to see me. He is so happy that he now gets to see the world.
My parents and Eric came up to see Andrew the day after his birthday. It was a really quick trip and they ended up driving a lot longer than they actually got to visit, but we LOVED getting to see them. Andrew was spoiled rotten by all those who love him! I want to say "thank you to everyone that came and helped make Andrew's day so special." And a special thanks to Melanie who made all the addicting cupcakes.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like he had a fun party!! I love the big fish :).

Brooke said...

Great job with the party! I would say it was a success! We had a fun time! You are very welcome for the baskeball cakes....glad you liked them! Thanks for the compliment! Andrew is such a cute little man....I just love him! Thanks for letting us be part of his big day! Congrats to you for your first year as a mom! And for being such a fabulous mom at that! :)

Saedi said...

Ok, I'm laughing so hard right now! Your house looks so much like my little townhouse. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's all the same furniture. It looks like such an awesome party! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Andrew's birthday poster!!!