Sunday, March 4, 2012

Christmas with the Rowleys 2011

On Christmas Eve we met at John's house for dinner, a nativity by the grandkids, and then went on a hayride around the neighborhood singing Christmas carols. It was really fun and really cold.

Andrew got his first cap gun from Grandma and Papa Rowley. He was so excited!
I has a lot of fun visiting with Grandma Rowley after caroling. Ruby is so bundled up she doesn't know what to do. She has four different blankets wrapped around her she can't move.
Christmas morning at Uncle Luke's house. This is all the kids waiting to be given the green light to come out and see what Santa brought them. They were so cute hanging out and having fun with each other.
This is what Santa left for Andrew and Ruby, and a stocking for Gilbert and me.
Andrew was so excited for his trains.
Andrew already had a story about his trains he wanted to tell me.
Gilbert gave me some earrings in my stocking and surprised me with a gift card to Zeppes (my favorite treat splurge) and a renewed subscription to the Ensign. I had been asking for one for a while.
I took Andrew christmas shopping with me for a gift for Daddy. I took him to Al's and took him to the fishing section to let him pick something out. He didn't like anything he saw. Then he lit up and got so excited when he saw ping pong paddles and balls. He knew right away that's what he wanted to get his Daddy for Christmas.
Sidenote: Every now and then we will go meet Gilbert at work for lunch at 11:00 pm :) on Thursday night because he works alone on Thursday. In the break room at work is a ping pong table and Andrew LOVES to play with his Daddy. He always gets so sad when we have to leave. I thought it was cute Andrew was determined to get that for his Daddy even though we don't have a ping pong table. Gilbert loved it. Someday we will have to get a table, but until then we will be ready with the accessories.
Ruby got this crawling jungle gym. She loves it.

Gilbert went fishing to Navajo Dam with his Dad and brothers. It is becoming a tradition.
The kids loved reading books on my lap over the Christmas break.
We had such a fun time at Uncle Luke and Aunt Heather's house. They were so much fun for Christmas. We are so lucky to have such awesome family and the time to spend with them.

No comments: