Monday, July 12, 2010

Brooke came to visit

Every time we do anything with Brooke's family Andrew begs to ride in her car. Mason was nice enough to switch him and ride with me in the truck. We are one seat short of fitting in the same car so we both have to drive when we go places. This is when Brooke ran in the store to get groceries to make stir fry and manicoti. I stayed outside in the parking lot with all the kids. Of course we had to get some of our traditional Ben and Jerry's. This time we tried brownie cheesecake and it was amazing.
Andrew and Bracken love bath time.



Brooke taught me how to make breadsticks to go with our manicoti. We made them with whole wheat and they were pretty good. The texture was our favorite but we wished the flavor was a little sweeter.
Rylie loves to be a good little helper all the time.
Bracken has this new habit of taking his pants off. I kept trying to get him to keep them on.
He also has a habit of sticking things up his nose. I saw him with a little bead and asked him to bring it to me. The next thing I know he comes running to his mom saying nose, nose, nose. Sure enough we look up there and unless you look really far you can't see it, but he stuck the bead way up his nose. Brooke (the brave mother) got tweezers and grabbed it right out. I would have panicked and not known what to do. It was up in there so far you could barely see it.
Mason, Bracken, and Andrew had such a good time playing together.

We went to the swimming pool and the kids loved it. They never wanted to leave. (Except for Andrew, he has so much fun for about an hour then gets his towel and goes to the gate to leave.) It cracks me up every time. Bracken was quite the little dare devil and tried jumping in when his mom wasn't watching. Rylie kept wanting to get in the hot tub the whole time. They kept us on our toes. The last day Gilbert stayed home with the sleeping babies while we went swimming with Mason and Rylie. It was a lot more relaxing and we got a good tan.
At the playground....
I tried doing the monkey handles and couldn't believe how hard they are. Those are some muscles I haven't used in a long time. The more I do them the easier they get.
Brooke tried them out just to see what I was talking about and she totally agrees.

Brooke brought her famous shake maker. We made root beer shakes and they were so yummy.

The kids couldn't get enough of them.
Brooke and I gave each other pedicures in the middle of the night. It was so much fun and it felt so good. Brooke put me right to sleep.
I love you Brooke, and I love when you come to visit. It is so much fun whenever you are around.
(Brooke, I put this picture in so you could decide for yourself if you like your shirt. You are so darling in it and you look sooo skinny. You let me know what you think.)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Ang I LOVE your posts about our adventures. It is a fun way to journal them. You explained it all perfectly. :)Thanks for always being so fun and awesome! I love how much we jam pack into our little vacations together. :) You are better than the best EVER and I love you tons. Oh, and I do like the shirt. Especially cuz you picked it out. You are a great picker... you just need to do it more often instead of always making me pick. ;) Thanks for such a fun few days when I came to see you. I didn't want to leave. :)

Brittany and Trevor said...

You guys are so cute! I love how much fun stuff you do, especially with the kids in tow :) And. . seem to never need sleep! I thought I got tired with one! Your "adventures" made me smile. You guys are the best. Distance won't keep you 2 apart! Thanks for being such great examples to me. Ang- I miss you! I just got called into nursery. Yipes!!