Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gilbert finally graduated!

Yay, I can't believe the day actually came when my husband wouldn't be doing homework every minute. It is so wonderful, and I am so proud of him. He graduated top of his class with high respect from all of his instructors. For a graduation gift from my parents they gave us a week stay in Park City. It was a much needed vacation and break from everything. We had so much fun relaxing and spending time as a family. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Gilbert was excited to be so close the Weber and Provo Rivers so that he could get in some practice before he started his summer job as a Fly-fishing Guide. He spent the first two days of the vacation getting to know the rivers a lot better and where the good fishing holes are.
The front door in the time share was easily opened from the inside and didn't have a dead bolt. We had a hard time trying to keep Andrew inside the whole time. We tried blocking it with a chair and it worked for about 30 min until Andrew realized how easy it was to scoot it out of the way.
He now has an obsession with cars and spends most of his time driving, aligning, crashing, and placing cars all over the place.
Brooke and her kids came up to visit while Gilbert was gone fishing for the first two days. She made it a lot more fun for me. We played a couple games of Ticket to Ride and I had the best game I have ever had in my life. It seems like every destination card I picked up I already had and they were all the high pointers. It was so fun!


This is us on a good day.... ;)
Mason and Bracken brought this big green bag full of Cars character cars. Andrew fell in love immediately! This big green bag caused more contention than anything else the whole trip. Andrew is now in love with Mack and begs for him all the time. He is ruined. :) I know what he wants for Christmas now. I will have to send a letter to Santa.
We picked this time share because it was the only one with an indoor pool. We are so glad we did because we spent a lot of time swimming. The kids loved it. Gilbert, Andrew and I went swimming too, but we are smart enough to take pictures of it. Good thing we had Brooke so we got these pictures.

Andrew and Bracken had so much fun playing together.
Gilbert got this picture while he was out fishing.
Gilbert now has an obsession with bugs. (Only bugs that fish eat.) So he is always taking snaps like this one. I think some of them are actually pretty cool. Gilbert has shown me a whole new world. I didn't even know most of these bugs even existed before.
We went to Park City's city park. It was all completely fenced in which is genius. We had so much fun. Andrew's favorite thing is to go down the slides. He could do it a million times and never get sick of it.


We had fun splurging and going out to eat at Panda Express and Cafe Rio.
I am so proud of Gilbert for graduating. (Pictures soon to come.) He is so good at taking good care of Andrew and I. I love you Babe so much and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with you!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is such a great accomplishment for Gilbert! Great job! It's so nice to have your husband be done with school! Very awesome feeling!
That trip to Park City was super fun! Thanks for inviting us to come spend a couple days with you! I always have a ton of fun with you! I'm so happy I got to witness your best game of Ticket to Ride ever! :) Good times! We always have quite the adventures with the kids. Sorry I corrupted Andrew with his obsession with Cars. Forgive me! :)

Brooke said...

p.s. Too bad graduating meant moving away. I wanted you to stay here forever with me!