Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The best four days!

I don't know how well I am going to do being so far from my best friend. I had to take a trip up to Logan as soon as I could to see Brooke. (As well as train the new Relief Society President, get our truck, and check in on Sister Ward whose mother passed away.)
We had so much fun together. We sure know how to make our time count when we are together. Now that I have moved away I feel like I am missing my right arm. It is amazing how much you can take something for granted like having such an incredible friend two coldesaqs away. I will always be in debt to Brooke for everything she has done for me the last year and a half. THANKS BROOKE!!! You are one in a million! Here is a small recap of some things we did last week.
We ate Snow Cones on the grass after going to Home Depot to get paint. We decided spur of the minute to repaint Brooke's bathroom. Andrew dropped the whole top of his snow cone out onto the grass and kept trying to eat it out of the grass.
We had to go to the dump to drop off my old bed. It was beyond gross at the dump. Talk about a true friend. She helped me unload the bed in this wonderful place. ;) It made it a lot easier to drive around town without the bed in the back of the truck.
This is us painting her bathroom to this beautiful blue. I was so impressed at how fast we picked out the color, and it turned out so awesome. Painting it was not so fast with all the distractions from kids. Rylie stepping in the paint Coal (dog) running through everything and all the kids balling their eyes out for putting up a baby gate to not let them come in. You would have thought we were beating them by not letting them into the kitchen. After about three hours it was all done. Yay!
Andrew and Bracken = best of friends one minute and best of enemies the next. :) This is one of those good moments. They are so cute together. Andrew would live with Brooke if it was up to him. He was connected to her at the hip practically the whole time. He always had to ride with her in her car, and have her carry him around. Let's just say Brooke spoils us both.
We have made soo many pork burritos together and have never taken a picture of it to journal the good times so this time we did. We always tease each other because I measure everything (hence the blue measuring cup,) and Brooke hardly measures anything. Especially the ranch. (This is the yummy green sauce that we always seem to run out of too quick.)
We went to the park about every day. The kids seem to get a long so much better at the park. They were so cute together.
Andrew is just like his mommy and loves the swings. He was almost to fall asleep in my arms.
Brooke, You are AMAZING! I miss living by you like crazy. Thank you for always making my life so much easier and way more fun. It seriously was a dream world. Someday it will be that way again. Thank you for always building me up and believing in me. You make me such a better person. I am lucky to have you as a best friend! We have had so many good memories together and I know there are just millions more to come. :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ang, thanks a ton for this post! I love it! I feel the exact same about you. I'm not doing so well having you so far away. All those things you said about me are true of you plus much more. Having you come visit last week was the best four days! I miss you like crazy!I can't wait for that "someday" and all those millions more memories to come! You are the best EVER!