Monday, November 1, 2010

miracle

I took Andrew into nursery yesterday and he sat right down on a chair started playing with some playdough and said, "bye mom." I was in complete shock. I didn't know what to do, I was so happy. For those of you that don't know Andrew's past with nursery it has been like we are pulling his teeth out to get him to go. He screams bloody murder the entire time. Not just for the first five minutes, he really cries the entire time. He is the one that is crying so hard and loud that he makes the other kids start to cry. The leaders started to just take him to his own room from the beginning so he wouldn't make the other kids sad too. I knew that if we were faithful with making him go he would someday be okay with it, and that day has come. When I went to pick him up the whole room was swarming with bubbles and Andrew was loving it. He wanted nothing to do with me. It took me five minutes to get him to leave nursery. I never thought the day would come. It truly is a miracle.

3 comments:

Melissa O said...

Way to go Andrew...and Angie for be diligent.

Kerri Jex said...

It just goes to show that kids will definitely do things on their own timing, when they are ready!

Megan said...

That is awesome!!